Joining the NSAA
Membership Application Process
You can join the NSAA in 3 easy steps:
- Step 1 – Choose the category of membership you require. Our membership fees are per financial year or part thereof. (Please note, not all categories satisfy licensing requirements)
- Step 2 – Complete an online application form. Should we require any supporting documentation we will contact you.
- Step 3 – Your application will be tabled at the next committee meeting. Your Certificate of Membership will posted on payment of fees.
Please read the following information carefully before completing and returning your Membership Application.
See the tips on completing NSAA membership forms below.
Which membership do I need?
- If you employ or intend to employ people then you need to complete a Corporate Application form. (Even if you are not a Pty Ltd company)
- If you are a Pty Ltd company then you need to complete a Corporate Application form
- If you are an employee or consult for an organisation or engaged in the manufacture or supply of security and equipment or provide security services within the industry and do NOT employee anyone then you need to complete an Individual Application Form
- If you are not engaged in providing security services but are associated with the industry (such as the hospitality industry., etc.) and need or want to keep up to date with the industry rules then you need to complete an Associate Application Form
How do I complete the form?
- If you are a sole trader the you must put your full name i.e: ‘Joe Harry Smith’
- If you are a sole trader with a registered business name, then you must put your full name first then your business name i.e: ‘Joe Harry Smith Trading as Smith Security’
- If you are a company then you only need to put your company name i.e: ‘Smith Security Pty Ltd’
Your form says I need to provide my Firm License, but I’ve only just applied for it?
- That’s OK, on the form where it says ‘Security Firm License Number (attach copy) please write ‘Appling for’. When you receive your Firm License certificate you must forward a copy to us.
Categories of Membership
- A corporation which engages in the profession of the organisation; implementation or supervision of security measures; and a corporation which engages in the manufacture or supply of security materials & equipment or engaged in providing security services to commerce & industry.
- Corporate Members shall be entitled to nominate & be represented by no more than two  delegates. Only one  delegate however shall have the voting rights. Nomination of delegates must be lodged in writing with the Executive Committee.
- A person who, whether as employee or consultant, engages in the profession of the organisation, implementation or supervision of security measures. Persons in executive; professional or administrative positions or organisations engaged in the manufacture or supply of security materials and equipment or engaged in providing security services to commerce and industry.
- A person or organisation who, while not engaged in providing security, is closely associated with the industry (i.e. hospitality, building services, shopping centres, etc).
- Associate Members have no voting rights.